Climbers Cottage is a characterful and stylish Yorkshire stone house that sleeps 4 people. Downstairs there is a spacious and comfortable open plan lounge and diner, furnished with a mix of bespoke and antique furniture. The original inglenook fireplace houses a cast iron wood burning stove. There is a well equipped kitchen, plus a separate WC and storage area.
Upstairs there are two cosy bedrooms and spacious house bathroom. One bedroom has a double bed, the other is a twin bedroom.
The cottage garden at the rear is perfect for alfresco eating and barbecuing. Storage is available for mountain bikes or other equipment in a large garage, with space inside for hanging up road bikes.
Please be aware Rosedale has no mobile phone reception. So it’s perfect for a digital detox and getting away from it all. However, Climbers Cottage does have free Wi-Fi, TV with Freeview and a wide selection of books and games for you to enjoy.
Bed linens and towels are provided.
We are pet friendly, and responsible dog owners are welcome.
Essential Cottage Info
- Perfect for couples and families
- Sleeps 4 and one infant
- One small well behaved dog is welcome – there is a charge of £30 per booking. Please note any damage to furniture or extra cleaning required may incur an extra charge.
Lounge and Diner:
- Comfortable seating for 5 people
- Traditional wood burning stove, with starter pack of logs
- Electric radiators in both lounge and diner
- Free Wi-Fi and TV with Freeview
- Large selection of books and games
- Dining Table and seating for 5 people.
- Well equipped with glassware, crockery and kitchen equipment
- Electric oven and hob
- Full size dishwasher
- Large fridge freezer
- Microwave oven
- Toaster and kettle
- Espresso machine and electric slow cooker
- Separate downstairs WC and washbasin
- Two bedrooms, one with double bed and one with twin beds
- Electric radiator in each bedroom
- High quality bed linen and towels are provided
- Infants travel cot (available on request)
- Family bathroom with full size bath and electric shower
- Electric radiator and towel rail
- Entrance hall with hanging space and boot rack
- Indoor storage area – ideal for road bikes
- Large garage, perfect for outdoors equipment
- Cottage garden with borders and lawn
- Patio with outdoor table and seating
- BBQ for alfresco dining
- Please note the garden is enclosed but is not fully fenced
- Free off-street parking outside private garage
- The Coach House and White Horse Farm Inn are both within 500 metres and serve food and lunchtime and evenings, booking highly recommended
- Small village shop within 100 metres, selling newspapers and essentials
- Cafe and a Bakery within 200 metres
- Pickering is 10 miles away and has supermarkets and a wide range of shop
- Other towns nearby; Helmsley (18 miles), Whitby (18 miles), York (40 miles)